Slingshot Whip - 2016
Premium wake performance coupled with cable crushing capability culminates in the Slingshot Whip Wakeboard. A continuous rocker profile that will provide for predictable pop off the wake, soft landings in the flats and speed into park features, the Whip transcends all aspects of wake, offering the utmost level of versatility. Inverted NACA TECH Channels and cupped rails provide plenty of traction when riding finless, allowing the rider to confidently accelerate into air tricks and big kicker hits. For a wide range riding and constant performance, ride the Slingshot Whip Wakeboard.
Rider Weight (lbs): 100 - 150
- ROCKER TYPE
- Continuous Rocker – Rider friendly rocker takes the effort out of going big and landing soft.
- Subtle V Spine – Efficient acceleration to keep you in the wake pocket // Elevated spine through the tail that displaces water to free up the board for smooth turning performance // Looser transition from edge to edge, resulting in the agility and performance of a short-board
- Cupped Rails / Snub Nosed
- Inverted NACA TECH Channels – Aeronautic technology meets action sports with the first boards to utilize this advanced hydro dynamics technology. Precision laser cut channels direct water like a vacuum from the middle of the board through the tail. This directed water accelerates through the channel and increases the board speed and grip to the water. NACA TECH provides the rider with better board speed and traction behind the boat and in the park.
- Slingshot Fusion Sidewalls – Slingshot transferred the same technology found in high durometer urethane skateboard wheels into the rail of all their boards. Slingshot's innovative manufacturing process literally infuses the rail into the board cores in one single shot, producing unrivaled dampening and durability.
- Park Ready Tune – Slingshot fine-tuned the shape of the board’s rails for customized performance.
- Atomic Core – Locally farmed from sustainable forests, Slingshot's all-wood, ultra lightweight core provides the liveliest feel ever. It features vertically laminated stringers and custom molded channels. There is no better core material for achieving the best flex performance and durability in a board than full wood.
- Resin X™ – This is the latest in high-tech organic urethane resins. What Resin-X has that epoxy and polyester resins don't is an exceptional flex memory that can withstand longer flex cycles and superior vibration dampening and increased elongation without failure. All combined, these features store a higher rate of loaded energy, insane durability, and the best UV-resistance on the market. Resin-X is a low-VOC (volatile organic chemicals) resin and the greenest on the market.
- ES Base (EverShred) – Ready for impact in the park, or any other strange places you find yourself shredding in.
- (4) 6" x .75" Black Wake Fins
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES
- 4D Graphics – Utilizing cutting-edge graphic technology, every board features unique graphics and dimensional depth highlighting the core. By combining digital with hand crafted art, Slingshot is able to create boards that have a true sense of depth that is unlike anything else. No two boards look exactly the same.
- Bomber G10 Fortified Fastrack – New for all 2016 Slingshot wakeboards is a revamped version of the industry-first Fastrack mounting system. The fortified G10 Fastrack is inlaid deeper into the board than the previous system and is locked in place by a thick layer of G10 - an insanely strong glass/epoxy composite. The result is a significantly stronger and more resilient Fastrack system built to withstand the ever-changing demands of the world's most progressive riders. The upgraded G10 Fastrack layup is Slingshot's answer to the increasingly hard-core punishment many riders are dishing out to their boards.
- Future Response Technology – Provides more pop, softer landings and increased rail riding performance.
- Ability Level:Intermediate-Advanced
- Riding Style:Wake, Park
- Rocker Type:Continuous
- Core Material:Wood
- Base Type:Slider/Grind Base
- Wakeboard Mount Pattern:Fastrack
- Fins:(4) 6" x .75" Black Wake Fins
- Athletes:Steffen Vollert and Dylan Miller
- Made in the USA:Yes
Rider Weight (lbs): 100 - 150